Me: I’m craving something salty.
Also me: I’m craving something sweet.
Solution: my sweet and salty Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites.
Yep, in honor of all you sweet n’ salty fans out there, allow me to introduce you to your new favorite #snack or #healthydessert.
These no-bake vegan treats are gluten free and full of healthy fats and all the flavors. And they are sweetened only with dates, meaning they are sugar-free, too.
Are you ready to get rolling yet? Sharing the recipe deets right here, and in exchange tell me: Are you a sweet or salty snacker? Comment and let me know!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
4 medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked *see note
4 tbsp @navitasorganics cacao powder
2 tbsp peanut butter (no added sugar, salt or oil)
1 tbsp flax seed
1/8 tsp fine pink salt
5 tbsp unsweet almond or cashew milk
1/4 cup chopped @theochocolate 85% dark chocolate
1/2 tsp coconut oil
3 tbsp-ish crushed @quinnsnacks gluten free pretzels
1. in a food processor or blender add all ball ingredients and up to 5 tablespoons of the unsweet milk; scraping down sides several times as needed
2. spoon dough into a bowl and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm
3. meanwhile, to make topping, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or micro, cool slightly
4. roll “dough” into 8 balls, drizzle with dark chocolate, then top with crushed pretzels (you may not need all of the chocolate)
5. enjoy at room temp but store in refrigerator after one day
Recipe in notes and substitutions:
1. best to soak cashews in filtered water 4 hours or so to soften, then drain; but fine to skip if no time for this step, just make sure they’re well ground in step one
2. if dates are not super fresh and moist soak for 5 minutes in filtered water before using
3. use cashew or almond butter in place of peanut and skip pretzels for #paleo friendly
4. these are good for a #postworkout
5. you can use #sugarfree
dark chocolate for topping if avoiding sugar