Stuffed acorn squash is perfect fall/winter dinner. It is filling, low carb, delicious, and it’s easy too!
I buy a 1lb jennie-o ground turkey package and only cook about a 1/4 of it. I make sure to plan a different ground turkey meal later in the week to avoid making too much stuffing and not having anything to do with it. For us it will be the Kung Pao turkey meatballs :) Ingredients:
1/2 lb Jennie-o ground turkey
1 acorn squash
1/4 can black beans
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 small yellow onion
3-4 cherry tomatoes
1/8 cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp garlic
1/2 TBSP olive oil
Dash of cinnamon
Quinoa, brown/wild rice
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds.
3. Cover cut side in olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
4. Place cut side down on cookie sheet and bake for 30 mins.
5. Chop yellow onion and tomato into bite size pieces.
6. Heat 1/2 TBSP olive oil in pan and add onion. Cook until soft.
7. Add ground turkey. Cook until just about browned and add spinach.
8. Add tomatoes, black beans, cayenne pepper, garlic, a dash of cinnamon and salt/pepper to taste.
9. Take acorn squash out of oven. Flip cut side up and fill with stuffing. Top with cheese and bake an additional 10-15 mins or until cheese is melted.
#mealplanning #mealprep #healthywife #healthylifestyle #healthyfood
#dinner #tiuloveyourbody #girlboss #bossbabe
#corporate #tiuloveyourbody #beachbody #80dayobsession #healthandwellness #fitcorporatefoodie